Every artist goes through an ‘experimental’ phase during their career. Granted, most artists don’t last long enough to go through such a phase, so if and when it happens, it remains seldom and often forgotten. The incredibly talented Snoop Dogg, for example, has been around for a hot minute and has released a total of nine solo albums; none of them experimental in nature (unless you want to count all of his No Limit LPs). At the top of next year Snoop will release his tenth project, Ego Trippin’, which includes the buzz single, Sexual Eruption. Using T-Pain’s voice box effect, the Doggfather tries his hand at what could be deemed as ‘experimental’ music and suffice to say, it leaves listeners wondering if it is in fact they who are doing the trippin’.
Written by DJ Z on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.