Every artist goes through an ‘experimental’ phase during their career. Granted, most artists don’t last long enough to go through such a phase, so if and when it happens, it remains seldom and often forgotten. The incredibly talented Snoop Dogg, for example, has been around for a hot minute and has released a total of nine solo albums; none of them experimental in nature (unless you want to count all of his No Limit LPs). At the top of next year Snoop will release his tenth project, Ego Trippin’, which includes the buzz single, Sexual Eruption. Using T-Pain’s voice box effect, the Doggfather tries his hand at what could be deemed as ‘experimental’ music and suffice to say, it leaves listeners wondering if it is in fact they who are doing the trippin’.
Written by DJ Z on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.