Every artist goes through an ‘experimental’ phase during their career. Granted, most artists don’t last long enough to go through such a phase, so if and when it happens, it remains seldom and often forgotten. The incredibly talented Snoop Dogg, for example, has been around for a hot minute and has released a total of nine solo albums; none of them experimental in nature (unless you want to count all of his No Limit LPs). At the top of next year Snoop will release his tenth project, Ego Trippin’, which includes the buzz single, Sexual Eruption. Using T-Pain’s voice box effect, the Doggfather tries his hand at what could be deemed as ‘experimental’ music and suffice to say, it leaves listeners wondering if it is in fact they who are doing the trippin’.
Written by DJ Z on 10/28/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.