Two months and change since the release of Snoop Dogg‘s 11th studio album, the set still has a ways to go before it receives gold certification, let alone Platinum. How does he plan on bridging that gap? Evidently taking a page from New Age bestseller The Secret, the West Coast mainstay has returned with an official remix of his project’s third single, in hopes that if he thinks and talks about it enough, that precious metal will manifest itself in his life. Hey, it could happen! Anyway, this version of the record features only minor tweaks from the Booth-approved original—retaining Lex Luger‘s bumping synth production, Snoop’s laconic flows and R. Kelly‘s swag-drenched guest vocals, the remix throws another rap heavyweight into the mix; on the penultimate verse, Busta Rhymes evokes the oddly hilarious image of the rap vet frantically rummaging through a treasure chest, struggling to decide which glittering substance to make off with (Guess what he chooses?). So, is this revamp deserving of its pricey title? You decide—and, if you haven’t already, grab a copy of Snoop’s Doggumentary, released in March.
Written by richard on 06/8/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)