The Packers or the Steelers; that is the question. As a former resident of the Keystone State, I’ll be rocking black and yellow next Sunday and, in case anyone had any doubt, Snoop Dogg is gonna be right there with me. On this new cut, released in anticipation of Pittsburgh’s (prospective) Super Bowl XLV victory, the West Coast mainstay espouses a philosophy that holds equally true in the music game and on the gridiron: “Winnin’ ain’t everything, It’s D Only Thang.” David Banner and THX man the boards, cooking up a fittingly intense synth-handclap backdrop for D-O-double-G’s uncompromising meditations on competition and success. In between rooting for Steel City, Snoop makes some lofty athletic claims for a man of his smoking habits: “I can run, I can swim… I train for the gold, I can go 12 rounds.” (Not that I’m doubting the man, of course.) Regardless of where your loyalties lie, you’ll want to tune in on Tuesday for the next entry in Snoop’s #PuffPuffPass series, as well as picking up a copy of his latest LP, The Doggumentary, when it drops on March 29.
Written by richard on 01/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.