The Packers or the Steelers; that is the question. As a former resident of the Keystone State, I’ll be rocking black and yellow next Sunday and, in case anyone had any doubt, Snoop Dogg is gonna be right there with me. On this new cut, released in anticipation of Pittsburgh’s (prospective) Super Bowl XLV victory, the West Coast mainstay espouses a philosophy that holds equally true in the music game and on the gridiron: “Winnin’ ain’t everything, It’s D Only Thang.” David Banner and THX man the boards, cooking up a fittingly intense synth-handclap backdrop for D-O-double-G’s uncompromising meditations on competition and success. In between rooting for Steel City, Snoop makes some lofty athletic claims for a man of his smoking habits: “I can run, I can swim… I train for the gold, I can go 12 rounds.” (Not that I’m doubting the man, of course.) Regardless of where your loyalties lie, you’ll want to tune in on Tuesday for the next entry in Snoop’s #PuffPuffPass series, as well as picking up a copy of his latest LP, The Doggumentary, when it drops on March 29.
Written by richard on 01/30/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)