The Packers or the Steelers; that is the question. As a former resident of the Keystone State, I’ll be rocking black and yellow next Sunday and, in case anyone had any doubt, Snoop Dogg is gonna be right there with me. On this new cut, released in anticipation of Pittsburgh’s (prospective) Super Bowl XLV victory, the West Coast mainstay espouses a philosophy that holds equally true in the music game and on the gridiron: “Winnin’ ain’t everything, It’s D Only Thang.” David Banner and THX man the boards, cooking up a fittingly intense synth-handclap backdrop for D-O-double-G’s uncompromising meditations on competition and success. In between rooting for Steel City, Snoop makes some lofty athletic claims for a man of his smoking habits: “I can run, I can swim… I train for the gold, I can go 12 rounds.” (Not that I’m doubting the man, of course.) Regardless of where your loyalties lie, you’ll want to tune in on Tuesday for the next entry in Snoop’s #PuffPuffPass series, as well as picking up a copy of his latest LP, The Doggumentary, when it drops on March 29.
Written by richard on 01/30/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.