With the success of his previous album Malice in Wonderland fading into the rearview, Snoop Dogg’s once again popping bottles on his brand new single, the chronologically confused New Year’s Eve. While I would have assumed this smoking and drinkin anthem would have dropped in December, I guess it’s never too early to party, especially when the Doggfather’s involved. For the beat D-O-Double-G reunites with Scoop Deville, the man responsible for his smash I Wanna Rock, with the producer keeping his signature snares as sharp as ever but otherwise lightening the sonic mood, giving the track an uptempo vibe. On the mic Snoop is, well, Snoop, laying down some good times rhymes in his trademark mellowed delivery, but somehow the man’s flows just never get old. Add in a perfectly crafted hook from singer Marty James and some champagne sound effects and you’ve got just the thing to set off the new year a little (ok, a lot) early. The ball drops on Snoop’s new, currently untitled album this coming March. Hey, patience is a virtue people.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.