With the success of his previous album Malice in Wonderland fading into the rearview, Snoop Dogg’s once again popping bottles on his brand new single, the chronologically confused New Year’s Eve. While I would have assumed this smoking and drinkin anthem would have dropped in December, I guess it’s never too early to party, especially when the Doggfather’s involved. For the beat D-O-Double-G reunites with Scoop Deville, the man responsible for his smash I Wanna Rock, with the producer keeping his signature snares as sharp as ever but otherwise lightening the sonic mood, giving the track an uptempo vibe. On the mic Snoop is, well, Snoop, laying down some good times rhymes in his trademark mellowed delivery, but somehow the man’s flows just never get old. Add in a perfectly crafted hook from singer Marty James and some champagne sound effects and you’ve got just the thing to set off the new year a little (ok, a lot) early. The ball drops on Snoop’s new, currently untitled album this coming March. Hey, patience is a virtue people.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/28/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)