With the success of his previous album Malice in Wonderland fading into the rearview, Snoop Dogg’s once again popping bottles on his brand new single, the chronologically confused New Year’s Eve. While I would have assumed this smoking and drinkin anthem would have dropped in December, I guess it’s never too early to party, especially when the Doggfather’s involved. For the beat D-O-Double-G reunites with Scoop Deville, the man responsible for his smash I Wanna Rock, with the producer keeping his signature snares as sharp as ever but otherwise lightening the sonic mood, giving the track an uptempo vibe. On the mic Snoop is, well, Snoop, laying down some good times rhymes in his trademark mellowed delivery, but somehow the man’s flows just never get old. Add in a perfectly crafted hook from singer Marty James and some champagne sound effects and you’ve got just the thing to set off the new year a little (ok, a lot) early. The ball drops on Snoop’s new, currently untitled album this coming March. Hey, patience is a virtue people.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.