What is it with Snoop and improbable collaborations? After featuring the Bee Gees and Jim Morrison (R.I.P.) in some of his more recent work, he enlists the help of Irish rocker Everlast for his new single, My Medicine. The self-medicating rapper really comes out of left field on this one, rapping over some down-home acoustic strumming evocative of a Johnny Cash tune. In fact, the track sounds much more like country music than it does hip hop. Most listeners will likely find themselves scratching their heads after hearing My Medicine, wondering if Snoop might have taken one bong hit too many. Regardless, it’s clear that the man is having fun with his music, and that’s always what he has been principally concerned with. Check out more experimental Snoop on the recently-released Ego Trippin’.
Note: The streaming of “My Medicine” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.