What is it with Snoop and improbable collaborations? After featuring the Bee Gees and Jim Morrison (R.I.P.) in some of his more recent work, he enlists the help of Irish rocker Everlast for his new single, My Medicine. The self-medicating rapper really comes out of left field on this one, rapping over some down-home acoustic strumming evocative of a Johnny Cash tune. In fact, the track sounds much more like country music than it does hip hop. Most listeners will likely find themselves scratching their heads after hearing My Medicine, wondering if Snoop might have taken one bong hit too many. Regardless, it’s clear that the man is having fun with his music, and that’s always what he has been principally concerned with. Check out more experimental Snoop on the recently-released Ego Trippin’.
Note: The streaming of “My Medicine” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.