What is it with Snoop and improbable collaborations? After featuring the Bee Gees and Jim Morrison (R.I.P.) in some of his more recent work, he enlists the help of Irish rocker Everlast for his new single, My Medicine. The self-medicating rapper really comes out of left field on this one, rapping over some down-home acoustic strumming evocative of a Johnny Cash tune. In fact, the track sounds much more like country music than it does hip hop. Most listeners will likely find themselves scratching their heads after hearing My Medicine, wondering if Snoop might have taken one bong hit too many. Regardless, it’s clear that the man is having fun with his music, and that’s always what he has been principally concerned with. Check out more experimental Snoop on the recently-released Ego Trippin’.
Note: The streaming of “My Medicine” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.