What is it with Snoop and improbable collaborations? After featuring the Bee Gees and Jim Morrison (R.I.P.) in some of his more recent work, he enlists the help of Irish rocker Everlast for his new single, My Medicine. The self-medicating rapper really comes out of left field on this one, rapping over some down-home acoustic strumming evocative of a Johnny Cash tune. In fact, the track sounds much more like country music than it does hip hop. Most listeners will likely find themselves scratching their heads after hearing My Medicine, wondering if Snoop might have taken one bong hit too many. Regardless, it’s clear that the man is having fun with his music, and that’s always what he has been principally concerned with. Check out more experimental Snoop on the recently-released Ego Trippin’.
Note: The streaming of “My Medicine” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.