What is it with Snoop and improbable collaborations? After featuring the Bee Gees and Jim Morrison (R.I.P.) in some of his more recent work, he enlists the help of Irish rocker Everlast for his new single, My Medicine. The self-medicating rapper really comes out of left field on this one, rapping over some down-home acoustic strumming evocative of a Johnny Cash tune. In fact, the track sounds much more like country music than it does hip hop. Most listeners will likely find themselves scratching their heads after hearing My Medicine, wondering if Snoop might have taken one bong hit too many. Regardless, it’s clear that the man is having fun with his music, and that’s always what he has been principally concerned with. Check out more experimental Snoop on the recently-released Ego Trippin’.
Note: The streaming of “My Medicine” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Charlie E. on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.