Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Just a week after garnering respectable reader reviews for Here Comes the King, Snoop Lion returns to our pages with another fresh single (the third in total) off his forthcoming reggae debut. Major Lazer reprise their role behind the boards on Lighters Up, teaming up with Dre Skull to craft a slow-rolling fusion of reggae and West Coast hip-hop as the Long Beach veteran continues to hone his new, Caribbean-accented flow. St. Thomas native Popcaan and Kingston-repping dancehall mainstay Mavado deliver guest bars on the front and back, and Jahdan Blakkamoore contributes additional vocals. Like what you’re hearing? You’ll be able to cop Lighters via iTunes on Tuesday, December 18. Stay tuned to The DJBooth for further song releases leading up to the spring 2013 release of Snoop’s Reincarnated LP via RCA Records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view Snoop’s Andy Capper-directed Lighters Up visual.
Written by richard on 02/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.