In ‘08’s Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire, a young man from the slums of Bombay suddenly wins twenty million rupees (about $393,934.07 in US cash) on Kaun Banega Crorepati (India’s version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire). One of the many inspired by the film, household regular Snoop Dogg recalls exactly how, “I Became A Snoop Dogg Millionaire.” In the course of the record, Snoop details his rise from the streets of Long Beach to rap stardom, from his first deal with Death Row/Interscope to his role in the creation of Dr. Dre‘s The Chronic to the release of his own own, now-classic debut album, Doggystyle. Featuring a hook by the Hustle Boys and a sample by Tanvi Shah (who recorded the Oscar-winning Jai Ho), Wild Animals and Chase & Status’ production gives the cut a surreal edge. Snoop Dogg Millionaire is set to appear on the emcee’s tenth album, Malice in Wonderland, which is set to drop this summer.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.