In ‘08’s Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire, a young man from the slums of Bombay suddenly wins twenty million rupees (about $393,934.07 in US cash) on Kaun Banega Crorepati (India’s version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire). One of the many inspired by the film, household regular Snoop Dogg recalls exactly how, “I Became A Snoop Dogg Millionaire.” In the course of the record, Snoop details his rise from the streets of Long Beach to rap stardom, from his first deal with Death Row/Interscope to his role in the creation of Dr. Dre‘s The Chronic to the release of his own own, now-classic debut album, Doggystyle. Featuring a hook by the Hustle Boys and a sample by Tanvi Shah (who recorded the Oscar-winning Jai Ho), Wild Animals and Chase & Status’ production gives the cut a surreal edge. Snoop Dogg Millionaire is set to appear on the emcee’s tenth album, Malice in Wonderland, which is set to drop this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.