In ‘08’s Oscar-winning Slumdog Millionaire, a young man from the slums of Bombay suddenly wins twenty million rupees (about $393,934.07 in US cash) on Kaun Banega Crorepati (India’s version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire). One of the many inspired by the film, household regular Snoop Dogg recalls exactly how, “I Became A Snoop Dogg Millionaire.” In the course of the record, Snoop details his rise from the streets of Long Beach to rap stardom, from his first deal with Death Row/Interscope to his role in the creation of Dr. Dre‘s The Chronic to the release of his own own, now-classic debut album, Doggystyle. Featuring a hook by the Hustle Boys and a sample by Tanvi Shah (who recorded the Oscar-winning Jai Ho), Wild Animals and Chase & Status’ production gives the cut a surreal edge. Snoop Dogg Millionaire is set to appear on the emcee’s tenth album, Malice in Wonderland, which is set to drop this summer.
Written by Burmy on 03/19/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.