Props to Snoop Dogg for reinvigorating the West Coast sound and collaborating with yesteryear’s best. Candy (Drippin Like Water) is a classic gangsta sound with the likes of E-40, MC Eiht, Goldie Loc & Tha Dogg Pound (Daz and Kurupt) all lending their laid back rhymes. The Game’s new album, The Doctor’s Advocate, was said to have brought credibility to a fledging regional sound. With Snoop still on the block though, The Blue Carpet Treatment gives back in a way that doesn’t make anyone question the West any longer.
Written by DJ Z on 12/29/06
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.