Last month, West Coast legends Snoop Dogg and Daz Dillinger said goodbye to a dear friend and family member. Their Uncle June Bug, a larger-than-life character often seen dancing onstage at their shows, lost his fight with colon cancer. On newly-released promo single I’ll Miss U, the cousins and longtime collaborators pay loving tribute to the deceased, looking back on their fondest memories of him and expressing their profound grief at his passing. DJ2HIGH mans the mixing boards, crafting a soulful, organ-led beat to accompany the co-headliner’s heartfelt bars. Proof that June is “gone but not forgotten,” this joint isn’t attached to a larger set. Fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from both Daz and all of Snoop’s many personas.
Written by richard on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.