Last month, West Coast legends Snoop Dogg and Daz Dillinger said goodbye to a dear friend and family member. Their Uncle June Bug, a larger-than-life character often seen dancing onstage at their shows, lost his fight with colon cancer. On newly-released promo single I’ll Miss U, the cousins and longtime collaborators pay loving tribute to the deceased, looking back on their fondest memories of him and expressing their profound grief at his passing. DJ2HIGH mans the mixing boards, crafting a soulful, organ-led beat to accompany the co-headliner’s heartfelt bars. Proof that June is “gone but not forgotten,” this joint isn’t attached to a larger set. Fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from both Daz and all of Snoop’s many personas.
Written by richard on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.