Last month, West Coast legends Snoop Dogg and Daz Dillinger said goodbye to a dear friend and family member. Their Uncle June Bug, a larger-than-life character often seen dancing onstage at their shows, lost his fight with colon cancer. On newly-released promo single I’ll Miss U, the cousins and longtime collaborators pay loving tribute to the deceased, looking back on their fondest memories of him and expressing their profound grief at his passing. DJ2HIGH mans the mixing boards, crafting a soulful, organ-led beat to accompany the co-headliner’s heartfelt bars. Proof that June is “gone but not forgotten,” this joint isn’t attached to a larger set. Fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from both Daz and all of Snoop’s many personas.
Written by richard on 04/6/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.