The growth Snoop Dogg has exhibited throughout his career has been fairly minimal. He’s been letting his blue flag fly for a whopping 20 years, but his gangster has rarely sounded as smooth as it does on his latest feature, album outtake Choose. While Snoop’s verses are dominated by his usual pimpery and bombast, this record is distinguished by the silky production of Black Mob‘s Tony Galvin, which swells with airy piano keys and pulsating hi hats. Complete with the chorus vocals of guest singe Amir, Choose may be the best Snoop leak so far, although the cut sadly won’t appear on his forthcoming album. With the Doggfather’s Doggumentary dropping March 29, Snoop’s hitting his stride without doing the most - something the OG is very fond of.
Written by Brando on 03/20/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.