Over the weekend, I heard Gz & Hustlas from Snoop Dogg’s debut album Doggystyle and a tear came to my eye. The shifty eyed laid back gangsta has undergone so many cosmetic changes that at this point, Snoop could put out a country western album and I wouldn’t be shocked. With his upcoming album Doggumentary soon to hit stores soon, Snoop shifted his attention to the club and on the album’s second single, Boom, he achieves just that. What lead single Wet couldn’t (yet) do, Boom is here to finish. With Scott Storch on the boards conjuring a generic beat that samples ‘80s hit Situation by Yaz, Snoop doesn’t even try to get complicated with the lyrics. As a matter of fact, I don’t think he’s tried to really get deep since Imagine with Dr. Dre and D’Angelo. Still, add in a memorable chorus from T-Pain and if you put all of the ingredients together, it’s a record that definitely serves its purpose. From what I’ve heard so far I have no idea what the forecast is for Doggumentary, dropping March 29, but knowing Snoop it’ll be hot and cloudy (with weed smoke).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce ft. Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.