Over the weekend, I heard Gz & Hustlas from Snoop Dogg’s debut album Doggystyle and a tear came to my eye. The shifty eyed laid back gangsta has undergone so many cosmetic changes that at this point, Snoop could put out a country western album and I wouldn’t be shocked. With his upcoming album Doggumentary soon to hit stores soon, Snoop shifted his attention to the club and on the album’s second single, Boom, he achieves just that. What lead single Wet couldn’t (yet) do, Boom is here to finish. With Scott Storch on the boards conjuring a generic beat that samples ‘80s hit Situation by Yaz, Snoop doesn’t even try to get complicated with the lyrics. As a matter of fact, I don’t think he’s tried to really get deep since Imagine with Dr. Dre and D’Angelo. Still, add in a memorable chorus from T-Pain and if you put all of the ingredients together, it’s a record that definitely serves its purpose. From what I’ve heard so far I have no idea what the forecast is for Doggumentary, dropping March 29, but knowing Snoop it’ll be hot and cloudy (with weed smoke).
Written by Brando on 03/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hollywood Divorce" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)