While many rappers have picked up the mic to offer commentary on the Trayvon Martin case and moral support to the slain teen’s family, Big Apple newcomer Sneakas has taken it one step farther with his new promo single, Neighborhood Watch. For every free download of this thought-provoking jam, which features a brooding beat by Witt of De Notes Production and a guest verse by Bishop Lamont, Serchlite Entertainment will donate five cents to a fund being set up by Martin’s parents in Sanford, Florida. Donation will be capped at $10,000 for the first 200,000 downloads, and matching contributions can be made by contacting info@Serchlite.com.
Written by richard on 04/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gimme the Loot" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.