Rule number one of consumer capitalism is to keep the customer coming back for more—even if that means lowering the effectiveness of your product, or making it dangerously addictive. When you apply that amoral logic to an industry as vital as health care, of course, the results can be downright terrifying. Making its world premiere on our front page, new song release Animal Pharm finds Tel Aviv-born rhymesayer Sneakas taking a provocative look at the economic interests intertwined with modern medicine. There’s a personal, as well as a political aspect to his polemic; as the artist reveals over De Notes’ production, he lost both his stepfather and a woman who helped raise him to cancer during the same year. However far you’re willing to follow Sneakas down the rabbit hole, his bars provide a compelling argument against any political candidate who’d roll back the tentative steps toward equitable health care that have been taken over the past four years. For Animal Pharm and more insightful jams, check out forthcoming full-length There’s a Rapp for That when it drops later this month.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Emily Riedy-directed Animal Pharm visual.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Neighborhood Watch " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.