Rule number one of consumer capitalism is to keep the customer coming back for more—even if that means lowering the effectiveness of your product, or making it dangerously addictive. When you apply that amoral logic to an industry as vital as health care, of course, the results can be downright terrifying. Making its world premiere on our front page, new song release Animal Pharm finds Tel Aviv-born rhymesayer Sneakas taking a provocative look at the economic interests intertwined with modern medicine. There’s a personal, as well as a political aspect to his polemic; as the artist reveals over De Notes’ production, he lost both his stepfather and a woman who helped raise him to cancer during the same year. However far you’re willing to follow Sneakas down the rabbit hole, his bars provide a compelling argument against any political candidate who’d roll back the tentative steps toward equitable health care that have been taken over the past four years. For Animal Pharm and more insightful jams, check out forthcoming full-length There’s a Rapp for That when it drops later this month.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down to view the Emily Riedy-directed Animal Pharm visual.
Written by richard on 12/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Neighborhood Watch " (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.