Picture a fifth of Patron wrapped in a silk nightie, sliding across a frictionless surface for all eternity. In addition to being one of the weirdest things I’ve put in print during my tenure as a featured track reviewer, that poetic analogy should give you a little idea of the smoothness that you can expect from On & On, the latest single and debut feature from UK producer Snakehips. On this slow-burning R&B cut, throwback samples collide with effervescent, Chiptune-esque synths as guest vocalist George Maple showcases her vocal prowess in sultry, yet surprisingly poignant verses. I could go On & On about the record’s many dope qualities, but you’d be better off hitting “play” and experiencing it for yourself. Keep it locked for further details on Snakehips’ forthcoming album of the same title, which as yet lacks a drop date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.