Picture a fifth of Patron wrapped in a silk nightie, sliding across a frictionless surface for all eternity. In addition to being one of the weirdest things I’ve put in print during my tenure as a featured track reviewer, that poetic analogy should give you a little idea of the smoothness that you can expect from On & On, the latest single and debut feature from UK producer Snakehips. On this slow-burning R&B cut, throwback samples collide with effervescent, Chiptune-esque synths as guest vocalist George Maple showcases her vocal prowess in sultry, yet surprisingly poignant verses. I could go On & On about the record’s many dope qualities, but you’d be better off hitting “play” and experiencing it for yourself. Keep it locked for further details on Snakehips’ forthcoming album of the same title, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.