Picture a fifth of Patron wrapped in a silk nightie, sliding across a frictionless surface for all eternity. In addition to being one of the weirdest things I’ve put in print during my tenure as a featured track reviewer, that poetic analogy should give you a little idea of the smoothness that you can expect from On & On, the latest single and debut feature from UK producer Snakehips. On this slow-burning R&B cut, throwback samples collide with effervescent, Chiptune-esque synths as guest vocalist George Maple showcases her vocal prowess in sultry, yet surprisingly poignant verses. I could go On & On about the record’s many dope qualities, but you’d be better off hitting “play” and experiencing it for yourself. Keep it locked for further details on Snakehips’ forthcoming album of the same title, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.