Picture a fifth of Patron wrapped in a silk nightie, sliding across a frictionless surface for all eternity. In addition to being one of the weirdest things I’ve put in print during my tenure as a featured track reviewer, that poetic analogy should give you a little idea of the smoothness that you can expect from On & On, the latest single and debut feature from UK producer Snakehips. On this slow-burning R&B cut, throwback samples collide with effervescent, Chiptune-esque synths as guest vocalist George Maple showcases her vocal prowess in sultry, yet surprisingly poignant verses. I could go On & On about the record’s many dope qualities, but you’d be better off hitting “play” and experiencing it for yourself. Keep it locked for further details on Snakehips’ forthcoming album of the same title, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.