Picture a fifth of Patron wrapped in a silk nightie, sliding across a frictionless surface for all eternity. In addition to being one of the weirdest things I’ve put in print during my tenure as a featured track reviewer, that poetic analogy should give you a little idea of the smoothness that you can expect from On & On, the latest single and debut feature from UK producer Snakehips. On this slow-burning R&B cut, throwback samples collide with effervescent, Chiptune-esque synths as guest vocalist George Maple showcases her vocal prowess in sultry, yet surprisingly poignant verses. I could go On & On about the record’s many dope qualities, but you’d be better off hitting “play” and experiencing it for yourself. Keep it locked for further details on Snakehips’ forthcoming album of the same title, which as yet lacks a drop date.
Written by richard on 04/29/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.