Loathing what’s currently on the airwaves is practically a prerequisite for a career as an underground emcee, but it’s been a hot minute since I heard someone rail as aggressively against mainsteam hip-hop as Snake Hollywood does on his latest single—which just so happens to be a Booth-exclusive world premiere. On Radio Silence, the follow-up to September’s reader-approved Choke, the Brooklyn native denounces the lies, unoriginality and wack lyrics that have becomes status quo in the game. NY Bangers craft an ominous synth beat to back his hard-hitting bars. For more real, raw and unapologetically lyrical jams, cop My Condolences: Addendum when it drops digitally November 29.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.