As a rapper, the last thing you want to do when introducing yourself to a new audience is Choke. Fortunately for Snake Hollywood, he’s not the one performing the titular action on his first Booth feature—on the contrary, it’s unwary listeners who’ll be coughing and sputtering, if they try to inhale this good sh*t all at once. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this promo cut finds the Brooklynite spitting blunted, self-confident bars over the funky sample work of Urban Tactics and Drew Taurisano. Ab-Soul, who was the headliner’s A5 (Area 51) crewmate before hitching his wagon to Top Dawg Entertainment, contributes a tightly-wound middle 16. Capped off with a bold challenge to self-proclaimed “King of New York” Kendrick Lamar, this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from this highly promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radio Silence" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.