As a rapper, the last thing you want to do when introducing yourself to a new audience is Choke. Fortunately for Snake Hollywood, he’s not the one performing the titular action on his first Booth feature—on the contrary, it’s unwary listeners who’ll be coughing and sputtering, if they try to inhale this good sh*t all at once. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, this promo cut finds the Brooklynite spitting blunted, self-confident bars over the funky sample work of Urban Tactics and Drew Taurisano. Ab-Soul, who was the headliner’s A5 (Area 51) crewmate before hitching his wagon to Top Dawg Entertainment, contributes a tightly-wound middle 16. Capped off with a bold challenge to self-proclaimed “King of New York” Kendrick Lamar, this cut isn’t attached to a larger project, but fans can, of course, keep their browsers locked for the latest from this highly promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 09/12/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Radio Silence" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.