The beatsmith behind Vic Mensa‘s club-ready promo single, Feel That, as well as a co-headliner on cuts like Lanes and Pass the Flame, 21-year-old Windy City native Smoko Ono links up with Chi-town singer/songwriter (and first-time featuree) Njomza for his latest dancefloor scorcher. On Road Runner, Ono’s hip-swiveling percussion, thinly-sliced vocal samples and syncopated staccato synths accompany the indie songstress as she fills us in on her ruggedly individualistic approach to life: “I ain’t tryna please nobody / Livin’ like there’s no one watching.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the fall release of Smoko Ono’s upcoming compilation EP, Slackin-N-Mackin Vol. 1.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass the Flame" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.