The beatsmith behind Vic Mensa‘s club-ready promo single, Feel That, as well as a co-headliner on cuts like Lanes and Pass the Flame, 21-year-old Windy City native Smoko Ono links up with Chi-town singer/songwriter (and first-time featuree) Njomza for his latest dancefloor scorcher. On Road Runner, Ono’s hip-swiveling percussion, thinly-sliced vocal samples and syncopated staccato synths accompany the indie songstress as she fills us in on her ruggedly individualistic approach to life: “I ain’t tryna please nobody / Livin’ like there’s no one watching.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the fall release of Smoko Ono’s upcoming compilation EP, Slackin-N-Mackin Vol. 1.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass the Flame" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.