The beatsmith behind Vic Mensa‘s club-ready promo single, Feel That, as well as a co-headliner on cuts like Lanes and Pass the Flame, 21-year-old Windy City native Smoko Ono links up with Chi-town singer/songwriter (and first-time featuree) Njomza for his latest dancefloor scorcher. On Road Runner, Ono’s hip-swiveling percussion, thinly-sliced vocal samples and syncopated staccato synths accompany the indie songstress as she fills us in on her ruggedly individualistic approach to life: “I ain’t tryna please nobody / Livin’ like there’s no one watching.” Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for more fresh singles leading up to the fall release of Smoko Ono’s upcoming compilation EP, Slackin-N-Mackin Vol. 1.
Written by richard on 08/21/14
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pass the Flame" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.