There’s been a blaze of fire coming from Chicago of late. From Vic Mensa to Chance, the City of Broad Shoulders is standing tall. Joining these men is buzzmaking beatsmith Smoko Ono, who introduces us to his work on new single Pass the Flame. On his Booth debut, the producer sets the boards ablaze with a unique beat, whose funky horns give it a swerving vibe. A production this abstract needs three talented, similarly left-of-center emcees to do it justice. Ono keeps it all in the Chi, recruiting Jarred A.G., Saba of Pivot Gang and Sterling Hayes of SaveMoney to add their unique, charismatic flows to the beat. No hook—just three talented youngsters doing their thing on the mic. Pass the Flame is the lead release off Ono’s Smoko and Friends project, due out next year.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)