There’s been a blaze of fire coming from Chicago of late. From Vic Mensa to Chance, the City of Broad Shoulders is standing tall. Joining these men is buzzmaking beatsmith Smoko Ono, who introduces us to his work on new single Pass the Flame. On his Booth debut, the producer sets the boards ablaze with a unique beat, whose funky horns give it a swerving vibe. A production this abstract needs three talented, similarly left-of-center emcees to do it justice. Ono keeps it all in the Chi, recruiting Jarred A.G., Saba of Pivot Gang and Sterling Hayes of SaveMoney to add their unique, charismatic flows to the beat. No hook—just three talented youngsters doing their thing on the mic. Pass the Flame is the lead release off Ono’s Smoko and Friends project, due out next year.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/3/13
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)