There’s been a blaze of fire coming from Chicago of late. From Vic Mensa to Chance, the City of Broad Shoulders is standing tall. Joining these men is buzzmaking beatsmith Smoko Ono, who introduces us to his work on new single Pass the Flame. On his Booth debut, the producer sets the boards ablaze with a unique beat, whose funky horns give it a swerving vibe. A production this abstract needs three talented, similarly left-of-center emcees to do it justice. Ono keeps it all in the Chi, recruiting Jarred A.G., Saba of Pivot Gang and Sterling Hayes of SaveMoney to add their unique, charismatic flows to the beat. No hook—just three talented youngsters doing their thing on the mic. Pass the Flame is the lead release off Ono’s Smoko and Friends project, due out next year.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/3/13
Submit your Rating
Fifth Dimension Collective
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.