Schizophrenia is kind of like having your own full-time, personal DJ… except that instead of records, he’s spinning paranoid delusions, and his constant ad-libs are impossible to shut out. Yeah, come to think of it, that doesn’t sound very dope at all. Still, being slightly unhinged only seems to have helped surrealistic hip-hop crew Smokey Robotic, who continue to break musical ground and get bodies moving on this newly-released promo single. Beatsmith !llmind departs from his recent “boom-trap” stylings (see: Skyzoo‘s Give It Up) behind the boards alongside Konrad OldMoney, instead drawing from the (also self-invented) genre ‘Superfuturistic;’ over his hip-swiveling percussion and rhythmic synth blurts, vocalists Seer and Father Dude drop fittingly free-associative verses, tying the package together with a Prince-esque falsetto hook. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming full-length, Smokey Robotic encourage you to view their T.S. Pfeffer and Robert McHugh-directed and Pier Pictures produced visual.
Written by richard on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.