Schizophrenia is kind of like having your own full-time, personal DJ… except that instead of records, he’s spinning paranoid delusions, and his constant ad-libs are impossible to shut out. Yeah, come to think of it, that doesn’t sound very dope at all. Still, being slightly unhinged only seems to have helped surrealistic hip-hop crew Smokey Robotic, who continue to break musical ground and get bodies moving on this newly-released promo single. Beatsmith !llmind departs from his recent “boom-trap” stylings (see: Skyzoo‘s Give It Up) behind the boards alongside Konrad OldMoney, instead drawing from the (also self-invented) genre ‘Superfuturistic;’ over his hip-swiveling percussion and rhythmic synth blurts, vocalists Seer and Father Dude drop fittingly free-associative verses, tying the package together with a Prince-esque falsetto hook. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming full-length, Smokey Robotic encourage you to view their T.S. Pfeffer and Robert McHugh-directed and Pier Pictures produced visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.