Schizophrenia is kind of like having your own full-time, personal DJ… except that instead of records, he’s spinning paranoid delusions, and his constant ad-libs are impossible to shut out. Yeah, come to think of it, that doesn’t sound very dope at all. Still, being slightly unhinged only seems to have helped surrealistic hip-hop crew Smokey Robotic, who continue to break musical ground and get bodies moving on this newly-released promo single. Beatsmith !llmind departs from his recent “boom-trap” stylings (see: Skyzoo‘s Give It Up) behind the boards alongside Konrad OldMoney, instead drawing from the (also self-invented) genre ‘Superfuturistic;’ over his hip-swiveling percussion and rhythmic synth blurts, vocalists Seer and Father Dude drop fittingly free-associative verses, tying the package together with a Prince-esque falsetto hook. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming full-length, Smokey Robotic encourage you to view their T.S. Pfeffer and Robert McHugh-directed and Pier Pictures produced visual.
Written by richard on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.