Schizophrenia is kind of like having your own full-time, personal DJ… except that instead of records, he’s spinning paranoid delusions, and his constant ad-libs are impossible to shut out. Yeah, come to think of it, that doesn’t sound very dope at all. Still, being slightly unhinged only seems to have helped surrealistic hip-hop crew Smokey Robotic, who continue to break musical ground and get bodies moving on this newly-released promo single. Beatsmith !llmind departs from his recent “boom-trap” stylings (see: Skyzoo‘s Give It Up) behind the boards alongside Konrad OldMoney, instead drawing from the (also self-invented) genre ‘Superfuturistic;’ over his hip-swiveling percussion and rhythmic synth blurts, vocalists Seer and Father Dude drop fittingly free-associative verses, tying the package together with a Prince-esque falsetto hook. Though this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming full-length, Smokey Robotic encourage you to view their T.S. Pfeffer and Robert McHugh-directed and Pier Pictures produced visual.
Written by richard on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.