In his famous Meditations, René Descartes pondered the possibility that the world around him could be nothing more than an illusion, created by a clever and deceitful demon. Unfortunately, dude didn’t have the technology to make the concept into a blockbuster film like the Wachowski Brothers, Christopher Nolan and others would do centuries later. But would living in a world of “fantasy and imagination” really be all that bad? Smokey Robotic think not; on No Reality, the inaugural leak (and title track) off their fourth studio album, !llmind and Konrad serve up an exhilarating, synth-soaked instrumental as vocalists Seer and Father Dude wax poetic about the possibilities of a world where dream is reality. Rap heavyweight Redman (a new addition to the Robotic family) illustrates the point perfectly, detailing an outrageously implausible reverie in which he marries Oprah Winfrey for her cash. No Reality (the LP) has yet to receive a drop date; while you wait for a drop date, why not check out Smokey Robotic’s Booth-sponsored The Shark & the Helicopter LP, out now for free streaming and download?
Written by richard on 09/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.