In his famous Meditations, René Descartes pondered the possibility that the world around him could be nothing more than an illusion, created by a clever and deceitful demon. Unfortunately, dude didn’t have the technology to make the concept into a blockbuster film like the Wachowski Brothers, Christopher Nolan and others would do centuries later. But would living in a world of “fantasy and imagination” really be all that bad? Smokey Robotic think not; on No Reality, the inaugural leak (and title track) off their fourth studio album, !llmind and Konrad serve up an exhilarating, synth-soaked instrumental as vocalists Seer and Father Dude wax poetic about the possibilities of a world where dream is reality. Rap heavyweight Redman (a new addition to the Robotic family) illustrates the point perfectly, detailing an outrageously implausible reverie in which he marries Oprah Winfrey for her cash. No Reality (the LP) has yet to receive a drop date; while you wait for a drop date, why not check out Smokey Robotic’s Booth-sponsored The Shark & the Helicopter LP, out now for free streaming and download?
Written by richard on 09/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.