Who is Smokey Robotic? Simple. He’s a musical half-robot, half-human conceived when a bolt of lightning hit a jukebox playing Al Green. Ok, so maybe that’s not so simple at all. While the mythology behind the group’s name remains enigmatic, more simply Smokey Robotic is a collaboration between producer !llmind (yep, that !llmind), singers/rappers/songwriters Seer, Father Dude and Konrad, plus visual director JK5. You know what, it’s a little hard to explain, you’ll just have to listen to their new record Most Beautiful. Beginning with a heartbreaking violin, transitioning into a thumping soul record and then morphing again into a quasi-hip-hop rider, by the time Most Beautiful is done its undergone more changes than MJ’s face, and incredibly all of them work seamlessly together. There are moments at which words completely fail to describe music – this is one of those moments. You’ll just have to press play. Those digging this uber-unique blend of superfuture music should cop the group’s self-titled LP, out now, and keep an ear out for their next, currently unspecified project.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.