Who is Smokey Robotic? Simple. He’s a musical half-robot, half-human conceived when a bolt of lightning hit a jukebox playing Al Green. Ok, so maybe that’s not so simple at all. While the mythology behind the group’s name remains enigmatic, more simply Smokey Robotic is a collaboration between producer !llmind (yep, that !llmind), singers/rappers/songwriters Seer, Father Dude and Konrad, plus visual director JK5. You know what, it’s a little hard to explain, you’ll just have to listen to their new record Most Beautiful. Beginning with a heartbreaking violin, transitioning into a thumping soul record and then morphing again into a quasi-hip-hop rider, by the time Most Beautiful is done its undergone more changes than MJ’s face, and incredibly all of them work seamlessly together. There are moments at which words completely fail to describe music – this is one of those moments. You’ll just have to press play. Those digging this uber-unique blend of superfuture music should cop the group’s self-titled LP, out now, and keep an ear out for their next, currently unspecified project.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/31/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.