What makes the Lady’s Scream? There are, of course, many possible answers to that question, but one of them is undoubtedly “Smokey Robotic.” On a freshly-minted promo single, the NYC crew’s first feature on our pages since April’s Unlike Anyone, the blood-curdling bridge from I Am a God gets recontextualized as a testament to the artists’ sexual prowess. Yeezus‘s influence doesn’t stop there, though; from the menacing, Blood on the Leaves-esque brass samples in !llmind and KonradOldMoney‘s beat, to the dancefloor-infused hook, to the brash, arrogant feel of Seer and Father Dude‘s bars, this cut is suffused with the grimy aesthetic of West’s latest opus. Lady’s Scream isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Smokey Robotic’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.