What makes the Lady’s Scream? There are, of course, many possible answers to that question, but one of them is undoubtedly “Smokey Robotic.” On a freshly-minted promo single, the NYC crew’s first feature on our pages since April’s Unlike Anyone, the blood-curdling bridge from I Am a God gets recontextualized as a testament to the artists’ sexual prowess. Yeezus‘s influence doesn’t stop there, though; from the menacing, Blood on the Leaves-esque brass samples in !llmind and KonradOldMoney‘s beat, to the dancefloor-infused hook, to the brash, arrogant feel of Seer and Father Dude‘s bars, this cut is suffused with the grimy aesthetic of West’s latest opus. Lady’s Scream isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Smokey Robotic’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.