What makes the Lady’s Scream? There are, of course, many possible answers to that question, but one of them is undoubtedly “Smokey Robotic.” On a freshly-minted promo single, the NYC crew’s first feature on our pages since April’s Unlike Anyone, the blood-curdling bridge from I Am a God gets recontextualized as a testament to the artists’ sexual prowess. Yeezus‘s influence doesn’t stop there, though; from the menacing, Blood on the Leaves-esque brass samples in !llmind and KonradOldMoney‘s beat, to the dancefloor-infused hook, to the brash, arrogant feel of Seer and Father Dude‘s bars, this cut is suffused with the grimy aesthetic of West’s latest opus. Lady’s Scream isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Smokey Robotic’s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.