What makes the Lady’s Scream? There are, of course, many possible answers to that question, but one of them is undoubtedly “Smokey Robotic.” On a freshly-minted promo single, the NYC crew’s first feature on our pages since April’s Unlike Anyone, the blood-curdling bridge from I Am a God gets recontextualized as a testament to the artists’ sexual prowess. Yeezus‘s influence doesn’t stop there, though; from the menacing, Blood on the Leaves-esque brass samples in !llmind and KonradOldMoney‘s beat, to the dancefloor-infused hook, to the brash, arrogant feel of Seer and Father Dude‘s bars, this cut is suffused with the grimy aesthetic of West’s latest opus. Lady’s Scream isn’t part of a larger set, but we’ll keep you posted on Smokey Robotic’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/4/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.