The English poet George Herbert famously stated that, “[t]he best revenge is living well.” Though what exactly constitutes “living well” will vary from person to person, I can’t imagine that anyone’s concept of the good life excludes busting a move on occasion. On their latest promo single, alt-hip-hop crew Smokey Robotic invite anyone with a lingering grudge or two to Dance for Revenge—your adversaries might not see, but hey, at least you’ll enjoy yourself. !llmind and Konrad OldMoney assist listeners in getting payback with some appropriately body-moving production, pairing syncopated percussion with some Viva La Vida-esque keyboard chords, while vocalists Seer and Father Dude supplement the beat’s smooth appeal with engaging sung and flowed bars. Director Tavis Libin provides some shockingly normal visuals, choosing to depict the crew in action instead of going with the usual melting ice cream cones and people in bunny suits. Though this promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes from Smokey Robotic.
Written by richard on 10/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.