If the crew’s past features haven’t convinced you that you need to explore Smokey Robotic‘s weird, wild world of sharks, helicopters, cyborgs and explosive fruit, then… I have no idea what’s wrong with you. Maybe you’re allergic to fun? In any case, we’re willing to risk giving the haters a sneezing fit in order to bring open-minded heads another fresh leak off the project. Here, Robotic tackle the conflict between fame and artistic integrity through an exceptionally unlikely metaphor. Backed by Konrad and !llmind‘s bouncy synth-handclap instrumental (featuring Chris Rob on keyboard), vocalists Seer and Father Dude tell us why celebrity is just like rocking a Bunny Suit—it’s sweaty, smells awful and makes you look completely ridiculous, but those willing to swallow their pride, plug their noses and frolic for the audience just might be able to get a carrot or two (aka, that major-label money) from the suits in charge. Cynical? A skosh. Catchy? You’d better believe it. If you’re finally ready to jump down the rabbit hole, more scorching beats and surrealistic imagery await on S.R.‘s Booth-hosted The Shark & the Helicopter album, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.