If the crew’s past features haven’t convinced you that you need to explore Smokey Robotic‘s weird, wild world of sharks, helicopters, cyborgs and explosive fruit, then… I have no idea what’s wrong with you. Maybe you’re allergic to fun? In any case, we’re willing to risk giving the haters a sneezing fit in order to bring open-minded heads another fresh leak off the project. Here, Robotic tackle the conflict between fame and artistic integrity through an exceptionally unlikely metaphor. Backed by Konrad and !llmind‘s bouncy synth-handclap instrumental (featuring Chris Rob on keyboard), vocalists Seer and Father Dude tell us why celebrity is just like rocking a Bunny Suit—it’s sweaty, smells awful and makes you look completely ridiculous, but those willing to swallow their pride, plug their noses and frolic for the audience just might be able to get a carrot or two (aka, that major-label money) from the suits in charge. Cynical? A skosh. Catchy? You’d better believe it. If you’re finally ready to jump down the rabbit hole, more scorching beats and surrealistic imagery await on S.R.‘s Booth-hosted The Shark & the Helicopter album, available here for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.