No one—well, almost no one—enters the game planning to sell out but, once fame and fortune are dangling tantalizingly close, one’s principles suddenly begin to seem a lot less binding. How to ensure one never reaches that point? On their latest mixtape single, alternative hip-hop crew Smokey Robotic offer a novel solution: get shot by a Bazooka loaded with deadly bananas. It may sound a little crazy at first, but…yeah, that actually is a pretty damn crazy idea. Not that the weirdness will stop Robotic fans from enjoying this R&B-infused selection, which finds crewmates !llmind and Konrad serving up a haunting string instrumental as vocalists Father Dude and Seer soulfully narrate a standoff between two brothers—one a wild-eyed outsider artist and the other a “Hollywood pop demon.” Of course, that’s only the Cliff’s Notes version; to actually know what the hell is going on, you’ll have to peep the official video. Those left intrigued can get the full picture this Thursday, when Smokey Robotic’s Booth-hosted The Shark & The Helicopter street album hits our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 07/6/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.