At its best, love can be as yielding and comfortable as a stroll across a cumulus cloud—but the tide can turn at any moment, forcing you to run along a broken-glass filled corridor à la Bruce Willis in the first Die Hard flick. If you ask me, protective footwear is pretty much obligatory. Smokey Robotic are braver men than I, however, as they prove on their latest feature. Released as part of Converse Rubber Tracks’ Track of the Week series, Walk on Love (Barefoot) sees the crew departing from the celebratory vibes of promo single Dance for Revenge, to craft a driving, impressionistic meditation on the pain and struggle that often accompany romance. Backed by the insistent piano chords of !llmind and Konrad OldMoney, vocalists Seer and Father Dude deliver sung and rapped bars that drip with grim determination. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further Track of the Week highlights, as well as all the latest from Smokey Robotic.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.