At its best, love can be as yielding and comfortable as a stroll across a cumulus cloud—but the tide can turn at any moment, forcing you to run along a broken-glass filled corridor à la Bruce Willis in the first Die Hard flick. If you ask me, protective footwear is pretty much obligatory. Smokey Robotic are braver men than I, however, as they prove on their latest feature. Released as part of Converse Rubber Tracks’ Track of the Week series, Walk on Love (Barefoot) sees the crew departing from the celebratory vibes of promo single Dance for Revenge, to craft a driving, impressionistic meditation on the pain and struggle that often accompany romance. Backed by the insistent piano chords of !llmind and Konrad OldMoney, vocalists Seer and Father Dude deliver sung and rapped bars that drip with grim determination. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further Track of the Week highlights, as well as all the latest from Smokey Robotic.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.