At its best, love can be as yielding and comfortable as a stroll across a cumulus cloud—but the tide can turn at any moment, forcing you to run along a broken-glass filled corridor à la Bruce Willis in the first Die Hard flick. If you ask me, protective footwear is pretty much obligatory. Smokey Robotic are braver men than I, however, as they prove on their latest feature. Released as part of Converse Rubber Tracks’ Track of the Week series, Walk on Love (Barefoot) sees the crew departing from the celebratory vibes of promo single Dance for Revenge, to craft a driving, impressionistic meditation on the pain and struggle that often accompany romance. Backed by the insistent piano chords of !llmind and Konrad OldMoney, vocalists Seer and Father Dude deliver sung and rapped bars that drip with grim determination. Like what you’re hearing? Keep it locked for further Track of the Week highlights, as well as all the latest from Smokey Robotic.
Written by richard on 11/9/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Most Beautiful" (2010)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.