Sometimes, when you’re performing a task you know like the back of your hand, your ego fades into the background and you enter into the ZONE. Such is clearly the case with Smoke DZA on his latest feature, the title track off the middle section of his forthcoming street album. Backed by Booth fave 6th Sense‘s hypnotic keyboard notes and delayed percussion, the Harlemite spits with effortless style and panache, seeding his bars with myriad witty pop culture references. Pro.Era‘s CJ Fly contributes an agile guest 16 on the back. Feeling it? More is just around the corner. Smoke’s Dream.ZONE.Achieve tape is slated to drop digitally next Tuesday, April 1.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.