Though Smoke DZA‘s best known in the Booth for bleary-eyed weed-smoking anthems like Marley & Me (Remix) and Kush Blow, he’s bucked that trend with his latest feature, coming through with some bona fide Motion Picture Sh*t. On the newly-released Watch Me, the Harlem native sets aside his blunt to deliver some of the most vivid rhymes we’ve heard from him thus far. Adopting a laid-back yet driven flow, Smoke paints himself as a hustler with enough moneymaking savvy to prosper in the roughest of times, and The Heatmakerz back up his confidence with a victorious instrumental built around a few pitch-shifted samples from Linda Jones’ Ooh Baby You Move Me. Those who want to hear more of what DZA has to offer should stay tuned for future entries in his Motion Picture Sh*t series, premiering every Tuesday. Watch Me will also be featured on the emcee’s DJBooth-cosponsored Good Talk Vol. 8, which will be available exclusively at this very site come April 7th.
Listen to More: Smoke DZA
Written by richard on 03/25/09
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.