Though Smoke DZA‘s best known in the Booth for bleary-eyed weed-smoking anthems like Marley & Me (Remix) and Kush Blow, he’s bucked that trend with his latest feature, coming through with some bona fide Motion Picture Sh*t. On the newly-released Watch Me, the Harlem native sets aside his blunt to deliver some of the most vivid rhymes we’ve heard from him thus far. Adopting a laid-back yet driven flow, Smoke paints himself as a hustler with enough moneymaking savvy to prosper in the roughest of times, and The Heatmakerz back up his confidence with a victorious instrumental built around a few pitch-shifted samples from Linda Jones’ Ooh Baby You Move Me. Those who want to hear more of what DZA has to offer should stay tuned for future entries in his Motion Picture Sh*t series, premiering every Tuesday. Watch Me will also be featured on the emcee’s DJBooth-cosponsored Good Talk Vol. 8, which will be available exclusively at this very site come April 7th.
Written by richard on 03/25/09
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.