Collaborations on a song are like hot girls at a party: it’s cool when there’s a lot of them, but if none of them follow through, it’s a bit of a disappointment. While there aren’t any dime pieces featured on Smoke DZA’s new track, Remember Those Days (world-premiered right here on DJBooth), there’s no shortage of lyrical talent in each of the artists that show up to throw down some bars. With mellow, slow-rolling production from Mr. Lee, DZA, Kid Daytona, Nephew and the ever-talented Nipsey Hussle each reminisce about the time before their big breaks: “Three different struggles, but we ended up the same.” While all four parties deliver, is the end product worthy of classic status? If you’re digging Remember Those Days be sure to check out past exclusive DJBooth freestyles from DZA and Kid Daytona, and keep it locked for a freestyle from Nipsey coming this winter. For his part, be sure to cop DZA’s album, Substance Abuse, dropping December 1. In other words, we got you covered.
Written by Sigurd on 11/23/09
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.