I know you all saw that renowned marijuana consumers Smoke DZA and Curren$y had a new song out titled Personal Party and were expecting a THC-laced tale of relaxation and good times – come on people, stop stereotyping! What, you think weed-fueled meditations on success and pleasure are the only things DZA and Spitta are interested in rhyming about? Really? Well….you’re completely right. V Don gives the duo a hazy, slowly circling beat to rhyme over that’s so high it’s out of NASA’s reach and DZA starts off the party with a late night ride that won’t even think of slowing down for red lights. Curren$y follows closely with a similarly themed 16 that pays particular attention to the female half of the species. Ok, so yes, marijuana does feature prominently on Personal Party, but those who truly listen will find some seriously deeper messages, and I expect the same to hold true for DZA’s upcoming, punnily-titled album Rolling Stoned. We’ll just have to wait until it drops this coming Tuesday, August 30, to find out for sure.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/25/11
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.