While Smoke DZA does indeed have a gift for making people laugh—I maintain that the mixtape title George Kush Da Button is comedic gold—and a generally easygoing demeanor, his fun-loving, weed-smoking persona shouldn’t be misinterpreted as license to f**k with him; to paraphrase pro wrestler New Jack, the man’s an original gangsta, not an original prankster. On his latest single, released along with official visuals by Nicolas Heller, the Cinematic Music Group signee introduces us to the side of his persona normally reserved for those foolish enough to piss him off. Over project collaborator Harry Fraud‘s ominous street production (garnished with vocal samples from the famously ruthless ECW icon), the freestyle series alumnus flexes his lyrical muscles, in agile, intricately-rhymed bars. Taking aim at the competition, he spits, “The sh*t that I riddle should have me right in the middle, ‘cause some of these n*ggas ain’t even did what I did on the come-up.” Has this bruising selection left you craving more? If so, pre-order a copy of DZA’s forthcoming album, Rugby Thompson, set for release on June 19 .
Written by richard on 05/14/12
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.