Last week, we heard Casey Veggies and King Chip light the fuse on Emilio Sparks and John Sparkz‘s next compilation with Lipstick on the Blunt, a lead single which won high praise from our readership. The second single off the set, Lights, Camera, Rugby, comes courtesy of Harlem repper and longtime DJBooth fave Smoke DZA. Here, a bombastic, brass-sampled beat by AMD/Brown Bag signee The Audible Doctor accompanies Smoke as he flaunts his fly lifestyle and waxes poetic about the bright lights of NYC. The Randy Savage EP is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.