Last week, we heard Casey Veggies and King Chip light the fuse on Emilio Sparks and John Sparkz‘s next compilation with Lipstick on the Blunt, a lead single which won high praise from our readership. The second single off the set, Lights, Camera, Rugby, comes courtesy of Harlem repper and longtime DJBooth fave Smoke DZA. Here, a bombastic, brass-sampled beat by AMD/Brown Bag signee The Audible Doctor accompanies Smoke as he flaunts his fly lifestyle and waxes poetic about the bright lights of NYC. The Randy Savage EP is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.