On Ashtray, a cut off 2012’s Rugby Thompson tape, Harlem-repping DJBooth regular Smoke DZA invited fellow THC-lovers Domo Genesis and ScHoolboy Q to join him as he burned some gas in his whip. The experience was so enjoyable that, on his latest feature, he recruits two more high-profile smoking buddies for a redux. On Legends in the Making (Ashtrays Pt. 2) Smoke DZA, New Orleans mainstay Curren$y and Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa pass a blunt as they reflect on their rising status in the hip-hop game. Returning from part one, Harry Fraud provides a hazy, sampled backdrop for their bars. This record isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can hear more from DZA, Spitta and Fraud on their new collaborative EP, The Stage. Additionally, watch our pages for further details on the headliner’s currently unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Dream Zone Achieved.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.