On Ashtray, a cut off 2012’s Rugby Thompson tape, Harlem-repping DJBooth regular Smoke DZA invited fellow THC-lovers Domo Genesis and ScHoolboy Q to join him as he burned some gas in his whip. The experience was so enjoyable that, on his latest feature, he recruits two more high-profile smoking buddies for a redux. On Legends in the Making (Ashtrays Pt. 2) Smoke DZA, New Orleans mainstay Curren$y and Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa pass a blunt as they reflect on their rising status in the hip-hop game. Returning from part one, Harry Fraud provides a hazy, sampled backdrop for their bars. This record isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can hear more from DZA, Spitta and Fraud on their new collaborative EP, The Stage. Additionally, watch our pages for further details on the headliner’s currently unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Dream Zone Achieved.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Smoke DZA, the Harlem phenom who linked up with Brooklyn beatsmith Harry Fraud to drop Rugby Thompson in 2012, has released what may well be his most epic street release to date. Dream.ZONE.Achieve, the longtime reader...
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.