On Ashtray, a cut off 2012’s Rugby Thompson tape, Harlem-repping DJBooth regular Smoke DZA invited fellow THC-lovers Domo Genesis and ScHoolboy Q to join him as he burned some gas in his whip. The experience was so enjoyable that, on his latest feature, he recruits two more high-profile smoking buddies for a redux. On Legends in the Making (Ashtrays Pt. 2) Smoke DZA, New Orleans mainstay Curren$y and Pittsburgh heavyweight Wiz Khalifa pass a blunt as they reflect on their rising status in the hip-hop game. Returning from part one, Harry Fraud provides a hazy, sampled backdrop for their bars. This record isn’t attached to any larger project, but fans can hear more from DZA, Spitta and Fraud on their new collaborative EP, The Stage. Additionally, watch our pages for further details on the headliner’s currently unscheduled forthcoming full-length, Dream Zone Achieved.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.