The 62nd entry in our DJBooth.net Freestyle Series comes courtesy of Smoke DZA, the Harlem native who earned reader acclaim for mixtape cuts like Marley and Me (Remix) and Watch Me. On his brand new, previously-unreleased Jackin Beats in the Booth freestyle, the Cinematic/Epic emcee flows over the instrumentals from Nipsey Hussle‘s Hussle In The House, Missy Elliot & Nas’ Hot Boyz, Biggie‘s Keep Ya Hands High, Craig Mack‘s Flava In Ya Ear (Remix), and Biggie’s The World Is Filled. DZA is currently preparing for the release of his latest street album, Substance Abuse, which will be released off his own Direct Connect label. The forthcoming mixtape will include guest appearances by Devin the Dude, Nipsey Hussle, Mickey Factz, Curren$y, and more, and will feature beats by Scram Jones, 1500, Jonny Shipes, the Heatmakerz, and Rob Holiday. Smoke DZA will also be appearing on the Cinematic Music Group and DJBooth.net-cosponsored Good Talk Radio (Vol. 8) mixtape, scheduled for official release in July.
Watch for our In The Booth (Vol. 2) Mixtape, featuring freestyles 31 through 60, to hit our front page next month!
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.