Consider Smoke DZA and 2012 Best of the Booth winner, Joey Bada$$, as Batman and Robin, saving us from the Jokers of the hip-hop world, on their latest collab, Gotham F**king City. While Gotham is fictional, the bleak, grimy underbelly of New York, highlighted by the pair’s stark portrait of the city, is all too similar to Batman’s crime-infested city. Solo each emcee’s flow is strong enough to stand on it’s own, but together sound even better atop a gritty J. Dilla instrumental. The song’s visuals perfectly encapsulate the vibe of the track, addressing the struggle of surviving an unforgiving, dog-eat—dog world. Are DZA and BadA$$ hip-hop superheroes? Let us know in the comments below and check out DZA’s free mixtape, K.O.N.Y, available online now.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/25/13
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)