Ever find yourself pining for the early-2000s glory days of Jim Jones, Cam’ron, Freekey Zeekey, Juelz Santana and company? As an emcee hailing from Harlem, N.Y., Smoke DZA certainly does; thus, on his latest feature the longtime reader fave attempts to channel the Ghost of Dipset. Featuring the slow-rolling, soul-sampled boardwork of King Thelonious, this is just one of several jams created by the rapper and producer during a breather from this month’s SXSW festivities. (The local Habitat Inn was their studio.) If you’re feeling Ghost of Dipset, you can keep it locked to our front page for further products of their impromptu recording session as they’re released to the ‘net.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.