Ever find yourself pining for the early-2000s glory days of Jim Jones, Cam’ron, Freekey Zeekey, Juelz Santana and company? As an emcee hailing from Harlem, N.Y., Smoke DZA certainly does; thus, on his latest feature the longtime reader fave attempts to channel the Ghost of Dipset. Featuring the slow-rolling, soul-sampled boardwork of King Thelonious, this is just one of several jams created by the rapper and producer during a breather from this month’s SXSW festivities. (The local Habitat Inn was their studio.) If you’re feeling Ghost of Dipset, you can keep it locked to our front page for further products of their impromptu recording session as they’re released to the ‘net.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.