Ever find yourself pining for the early-2000s glory days of Jim Jones, Cam’ron, Freekey Zeekey, Juelz Santana and company? As an emcee hailing from Harlem, N.Y., Smoke DZA certainly does; thus, on his latest feature the longtime reader fave attempts to channel the Ghost of Dipset. Featuring the slow-rolling, soul-sampled boardwork of King Thelonious, this is just one of several jams created by the rapper and producer during a breather from this month’s SXSW festivities. (The local Habitat Inn was their studio.) If you’re feeling Ghost of Dipset, you can keep it locked to our front page for further products of their impromptu recording session as they’re released to the ‘net.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.