Ever find yourself pining for the early-2000s glory days of Jim Jones, Cam’ron, Freekey Zeekey, Juelz Santana and company? As an emcee hailing from Harlem, N.Y., Smoke DZA certainly does; thus, on his latest feature the longtime reader fave attempts to channel the Ghost of Dipset. Featuring the slow-rolling, soul-sampled boardwork of King Thelonious, this is just one of several jams created by the rapper and producer during a breather from this month’s SXSW festivities. (The local Habitat Inn was their studio.) If you’re feeling Ghost of Dipset, you can keep it locked to our front page for further products of their impromptu recording session as they’re released to the ‘net.
Written by richard on 03/25/13
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.