Wait, can this really be? Could one of the games most prolific smokers be trading in his joints for some Crazy Glue? Whether the title of Smoke DZA’s new record is a reference to a strain of weed I’m not familiar with, or actual crazy glue (as the St. Elmo’s Fire reference in the hook might suggest), the result’s the same: sky high music. DZA’s Cinematic Family member Big K.R.I.T. handles the beat, sprinkling sparkling notes over some rolling drums and setting the scene for some higher than a G4 rhymes from Señor DZA, young lyrical gunner Cory Gunz and newcomer (to our pages at least) Big Sant. We here at the Booth can’t officially endorse the consumption of marijuana, and lord knows glue sniffing in a terrible idea, but if you were to hypothetically listen to this record while under the influence…let’s just say we have a feeling you’d enjoy it. Can’t get enough of DZA’s chronically dope music? Go cop the deluxe edition of the DJBooth-hosted George Kush Da Button mixtape, available for purchase on November 9, via iHipHop.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/6/10
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.