I don’t know about you, but my first meal of the day often leaves something to be desired. What I’d rather be having than Honey Nut Cheerios and a fistful of NutriGrain bars would be a Continental Kush Breakfast (that is, if being semi-coherent at work wasn’t necessary). Conveniently enough, this would also be the title of Smoke DZA‘s latest track leak, a leak whose title makes the track’s subject matter completely self-explanatory. Here the Freestyle series alum pushes his usual assortment of smooth vibes alongside an out-of-body experience from producer Kenny Beats, along with some more of that stoner sonnet material that’s been blazing up the Booth lately: “Neighbors beefin ‘bout the smell but I’m sorry, every morning I religiously salute Mr. Marley.” If you’ve been floating on the same cloud as DZA, be sure to watch out for his In The Mix interview, coming this Thursday, along with the August 4, debut of his hilariously titled upcoming mixtape George Kush Da Button, via your boys at DJBooth.net.
Written by Sigurd on 07/27/10
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.