Harlem repper and longtime Booth regular Smoke DZA has come together with Cali rhymesayer Al-Doe and Booth newcomer NYMLo to form a brand new crew by the name of R.F.C.. While I couldn’t figure out what, if anything , the acronym is supposed to stand for, “Ready For Competition” is a plausible interpretation. The trio’s debut promo single finds them in fighting form, fully prepared to dump a bucket of Cold Water on anyone who happens to get between them and that paper. Matt Cody produces, crafting a grimy, atmospheric instrumental backdrop for the crew’s combative bars. Feeling R.F.C.‘s first feature? If so, you’ll want to keep a Real F**kin’ Close eye on our front page—they’ve yet to announce a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest. In the meantime, fans hear more from Smoke DZA on his free K.O.N.Y. LP.
Written by richard on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.