Harlem repper and longtime Booth regular Smoke DZA has come together with Cali rhymesayer Al-Doe and Booth newcomer NYMLo to form a brand new crew by the name of R.F.C.. While I couldn’t figure out what, if anything , the acronym is supposed to stand for, “Ready For Competition” is a plausible interpretation. The trio’s debut promo single finds them in fighting form, fully prepared to dump a bucket of Cold Water on anyone who happens to get between them and that paper. Matt Cody produces, crafting a grimy, atmospheric instrumental backdrop for the crew’s combative bars. Feeling R.F.C.‘s first feature? If so, you’ll want to keep a Real F**kin’ Close eye on our front page—they’ve yet to announce a forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest. In the meantime, fans hear more from Smoke DZA on his free K.O.N.Y. LP.
Written by richard on 11/8/12
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)