Legendary smokers like Snoop Dogg and Devin the Dude were the rollin’ stoners of yesterday’s generation, but today a new generation of kush lovers are leading the way, including Curren$y, Wiz Khalifa and one man bold enough to incorporate his hobby into this name - Smoke DZA. Fresh off the release of his George Kush mixtape, today Smoke lets us know that while it may be October, as far as he’s concerned, it’s Always Been April 20; that’s 4/20 folks. Not attached to any project but undoubtedly inspired by his ongoing Smokers Club tour, in this new hazy banger DZA (Freestyle alum #1) hooks up with the young Pittsburgh spitter Mac Miller (Freestyle alum #2) for assistance on a verse and the chorus and Cinematic family mate Big K.R.I.T. (yep, also a Freestyle alum) on the production. While K.R.I.T. providing an uptempo and futuristic melody laced with soothing synths and sharp drums, Smoke DZA gives us a stellar verse letting folks know that he’s “flying high” more often than a Jet Blue stewardess, sentiments Mac Miller echoes on his vocal work. Roll along to this one my friends….musically speaking of course.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/3/10
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.