Hold up, is everyone’s favorite binge drink coming back in style? If you’ve ever tried 4Loko (especially before they nerfed the thing, and rightly so…) then you know how it can wildly transform your evening/early morning. Thus, the comparison is easy when mentioning Smoke DZA’s newest record, which hits you all the way from left field and makes you wonder where you were when the song began. The Harlem emcee is joined by fellow local ASAP Rocky, who joins in to make this gritty single a little higher with drugs, drinks, and slow rolling abound. Backed by production from 183rd that sucks listeners in and keeps them just as stoned, this collaboration has the potential to hold fans at bay until DZA’s next album, Rolling Stoned, is release at the end of the month (August 30th, to be exact). If this was loko enough for you, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 08/19/11
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.