Hold up, is everyone’s favorite binge drink coming back in style? If you’ve ever tried 4Loko (especially before they nerfed the thing, and rightly so…) then you know how it can wildly transform your evening/early morning. Thus, the comparison is easy when mentioning Smoke DZA’s newest record, which hits you all the way from left field and makes you wonder where you were when the song began. The Harlem emcee is joined by fellow local ASAP Rocky, who joins in to make this gritty single a little higher with drugs, drinks, and slow rolling abound. Backed by production from 183rd that sucks listeners in and keeps them just as stoned, this collaboration has the potential to hold fans at bay until DZA’s next album, Rolling Stoned, is release at the end of the month (August 30th, to be exact). If this was loko enough for you, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for more.
Written by Sigurd on 08/19/11
Submit your Rating
High Times Records/Cinematic Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Highway ft. Smoke DZA" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.