February 7-10, 808 Blake and Kato of SMKA took control of 882 Studios for four days of eating, drinking, kicking it and making music with more than 50 of Atlanta’s most progressive and talented emcees. Today, the Booth-acclaimed beat crew give us our our first glimpse at the fruits of those marathon recording sessions in the form of inaugural song release Pimpin’ Mane. Kato mans the boards on this whip-ready selection, crafting a pensive, yet trunk-rattling piano-loop beat to back the lyrical stunting of Jackie Chain, Scotty and RaRa. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; a release date for The Hang Out has yet to be announced, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes in anticipation of its arrival.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.