February 7-10, 808 Blake and Kato of SMKA took control of 882 Studios for four days of eating, drinking, kicking it and making music with more than 50 of Atlanta’s most progressive and talented emcees. Today, the Booth-acclaimed beat crew give us our our first glimpse at the fruits of those marathon recording sessions in the form of inaugural song release Pimpin’ Mane. Kato mans the boards on this whip-ready selection, crafting a pensive, yet trunk-rattling piano-loop beat to back the lyrical stunting of Jackie Chain, Scotty and RaRa. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; a release date for The Hang Out has yet to be announced, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes in anticipation of its arrival.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)