February 7-10, 808 Blake and Kato of SMKA took control of 882 Studios for four days of eating, drinking, kicking it and making music with more than 50 of Atlanta’s most progressive and talented emcees. Today, the Booth-acclaimed beat crew give us our our first glimpse at the fruits of those marathon recording sessions in the form of inaugural song release Pimpin’ Mane. Kato mans the boards on this whip-ready selection, crafting a pensive, yet trunk-rattling piano-loop beat to back the lyrical stunting of Jackie Chain, Scotty and RaRa. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; a release date for The Hang Out has yet to be announced, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes in anticipation of its arrival.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Atlanta production collective, SMKA, blocked out 882 Studios for four days, and invited many of Atlanta’s most talented and progressive hip-hop artists to hang out, and make music. The result is The Hang Out, a two-part...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)