February 7-10, 808 Blake and Kato of SMKA took control of 882 Studios for four days of eating, drinking, kicking it and making music with more than 50 of Atlanta’s most progressive and talented emcees. Today, the Booth-acclaimed beat crew give us our our first glimpse at the fruits of those marathon recording sessions in the form of inaugural song release Pimpin’ Mane. Kato mans the boards on this whip-ready selection, crafting a pensive, yet trunk-rattling piano-loop beat to back the lyrical stunting of Jackie Chain, Scotty and RaRa. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned; a release date for The Hang Out has yet to be announced, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes in anticipation of its arrival.
Written by richard on 02/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.