In March and April, Atlanta beat crew SMKA released parts one and two of The Hang Out, a compilation created over the course of a marathon four-day recording session at 882 Studios. When early October rolled around and hip-hop artists from across the country converged on ATL for the annual A3C Festival, they saw the perfect opportunity to craft a sequel. How Much?, the inaugural song release off the tape’s A3C Edition, offers just a taste of the dope cross-regional collaborations in store. Here, the headliners’ immersive synth soundscape, undergided by a booming 808 rhythm section, backs self-assured bars from Compton representative Problem and Detroit buzzmaker Boldy James, as well as A-Town’s own Jarren Benton. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the October 29, arrival of SMKA Presents: The Hangout A3C Edition.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)