In March and April, Atlanta beat crew SMKA released parts one and two of The Hang Out, a compilation created over the course of a marathon four-day recording session at 882 Studios. When early October rolled around and hip-hop artists from across the country converged on ATL for the annual A3C Festival, they saw the perfect opportunity to craft a sequel. How Much?, the inaugural song release off the tape’s A3C Edition, offers just a taste of the dope cross-regional collaborations in store. Here, the headliners’ immersive synth soundscape, undergided by a booming 808 rhythm section, backs self-assured bars from Compton representative Problem and Detroit buzzmaker Boldy James, as well as A-Town’s own Jarren Benton. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the October 29, arrival of SMKA Presents: The Hangout A3C Edition.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.