In March and April, Atlanta beat crew SMKA released parts one and two of The Hang Out, a compilation created over the course of a marathon four-day recording session at 882 Studios. When early October rolled around and hip-hop artists from across the country converged on ATL for the annual A3C Festival, they saw the perfect opportunity to craft a sequel. How Much?, the inaugural song release off the tape’s A3C Edition, offers just a taste of the dope cross-regional collaborations in store. Here, the headliners’ immersive synth soundscape, undergided by a booming 808 rhythm section, backs self-assured bars from Compton representative Problem and Detroit buzzmaker Boldy James, as well as A-Town’s own Jarren Benton. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep your browsers locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the October 29, arrival of SMKA Presents: The Hangout A3C Edition.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Deer Mama" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.